Saturday, May 2, 2009

The crash of '09

We love our Mac computer.  When I say "we", I really just mean Jarin.  The mac and I haven't been getting along so well.  Last week, it crashed.  When I booted it up, I got a picture of a file folder flashing with a question mark in front of it.  Not a good sign.  After a prolonged visit to the mac people, our computer now has a shiny new hard drive, which is great.  But all of our data is gone, which means that all of our pictures are gone.  I think Jarin backed it up sometime before he left, so we should have pictures from the long haul, but all the pictures from his deployment are gone, except for a few which were still in the camera.  

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I can't tell you how many times that has happened to us. Yes I can, like 3! I think we have always been able to retrieve the pictures files though. It's always so sad, waiting to see if we will get them back.

jksfam said...

That stinks! I'm so sorry!

Tiffany said...

Well you guys already know how we feel about Macs!

Whitney said...

Oh Sarah! What a bummer! Josh is anti-Mac so I know we will never have one. :) I think that I need to make sure to back up our computer because I'm sure our pictures would just be gone if something like that happened.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry!! I never heard the outcome of the computer. What a bumer to loose all your pictures. It makes me realize that I need to back ours up right no!