Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spring break... part 1

I emailed the DO of our squadron about 3 weeks before spring break asking if there were any interesting trips going out with space for a crazy lady and 4 small children.  There wasn't anything, so I made plans to "stay-cation", not a bad option at all really.

Then I received a phone call Friday after school saying they had a plane leaving first thing Sunday morning.... perfect!!!  So we packed our bags and flew to Colorado Springs for spring break on a G-5.  I really can't think of a better way to spend a vacation.  It was a sweet ride and the squadron really jumped through hoops to make sure we would be able to fly without Jarin.



The kids made Papa and Nana's house look like a jungle gym.  We all had so much fun!


If you look REALLY CLOSELY (you can click on the picture to enlarge it) you can see tiny bits of snow blowing around.  It was 25 degrees when we arrived.  Brrrrr!!  Typical Colorado weather -it warmed right up and the weather was perfect for most of the week.

We made a trip to Mr. Bigg's play place...


Nate loves his Papa.  He kisses his hands and elbows and forehead, etc. etc.

Nana and Hannah made a quilt top together.  It was Hannah's first time.  My mom taught me to sew;  I'm so glad Hannah could have the chance to learn from her as well.


I really feel like this trip was an answer to prayer.  I was feeling so down and lonely before we went and being there with my parents and visiting with good friends was such a huge lift for me.  It really couldn't have been more perfect!

Then we rushed home to get ready for the Williams family to come.  How fun!!

4 comments:

Mamamanya said...

Sarah, I haven't had a chance to look at your blog for a while and was excited to see the updates! I'm so glad you had a good time here in CO. We sure enjoyed visiting with you. I can't believe Hannah is 9. What a great girl she is. I think about you often and hope you are doing well. Only a little bit longer and you'll have your Jarin back! Take care and give those sweet kids hugs from me :)

The Addams Family said...

Are you kidding me? You managed to fly for free on a "private jet" to your parents' house? Sarah, you're my HERO. Way to travel in style, my friend!

jksfam said...

I'm glad that trip worked out for you! I'm sure it was a nice break! Looks like a great way to travel!

Heidi Lyn said...

I'm so glad you got to go! Not to mention that you also have the chance to fly with such style. I always thought that military flights would be likethe movies (i.e. a cargo hold). Wow! Single seats and little tables? Fabulous.