We thought we would get one last trip to Disney World in before our annual passes expire in 2 weeks. We didn't realize Gustav would be making its way though Florida yesterday. It rained and rained and rained. There was no easy way to get from the park to the car, so we just went for it. We probably walked a good mile through the pouring rain. When we neared the exit, Jarin asked a couple hanging out under a building to take a picture for us. They were cracking up. We all splashed in the puddles. Jarin did the classic "singing in the rain" down Main Street with Jesse on his shoulders. It was definitely a day to remember.
Side note: we've probably taken our ponchos to DisneyWorld 10 times and never used them. We decided not to worry about it this time. Murphy's law, right? Sweet!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Magic Kingdom meets Gustav
Posted by wildthayn at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I LOVE this picture! I think it so embodies what I think of when I picture your family. Always up for a good time. We love you guys!!
we went to seaworld last week and had the same thing happen. The rains probably weren't as severe as yours but nevertheless, we were drenched once we got to the car. At least the rain is warm, right?
so great!! When you blow it up Jarin's face is classic....like I know this is crazy and we are going to laugh about this picture later. I also love that Nate is just hanging out doing regular baby stuff. He could care less about the rain. Such a funny story. Love it!
What a great story to tell! Glad you didn't get blown away...
It rained on us at Sea World once and it turned out to be the best day ever! No lines, and we were already wet when we go splashed by Shamu!
Hi Sarah! Just came across your blog...you are awesome at making your sense of humor come through in your writing! Looking forward to keeping caught up!
Annette Frost
Thanks for your sweet birthday comment, sorry I am just getting around to responding! It was a fun day! How are things going for you guys? Anything new! Thanks again for helping make my day with your sweet words! Your the best!
I hope it wasn't as crowded that day. Too funny that you didn't bring your ponchos on the day the huge hurricane came through!
Post a Comment