Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mt Democrat

Nate really decided to be a big boy during this trip. He mastered stairs and just teeters on the edges of all things with confidence. This was up at Mom and Dad's trailer.
We tried to hike Mt. Democrat. I say tried, not because we weren't physically able, but because it was freezing cold. Look at the kids faces. This was BEFORE we started climbing. We all had several layers of clothing on, but it just wasn't enough.


This was after. Poor Elle was freezing and her backpack was way too heavy, so I got to carry 2.


Its a good thing we decided not to climb to the top. This was our drive back to Denver from the mountain. Brrrrrr. We stopped and had a deliciously warm cup of hot chocolate in Alma, CO.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

brrrrr!! I'm sorry you didn't get to climb Mt. Democrat, I know your family was really looking forward to it. Better luck next time!

Becca said...

It reminds me of a time that we lived in Colorado Springs and Mike had this great idea to go hiking somewhere on base. We were about half way up the mountain and all the sudden there was snow all over the place. At that point I would have turned back but OH NO we continued hiking all the way to the top. And we werent quite as prepared in the warm clothes department as you were. Good for you guys! What troopers!