Sunday, August 31, 2008

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Warning: This post contains some potentially graphic material (a bloody little chin)


I wish life were all sunshine and roses, but its not and sometimes bad things happen. We had a couple of "bad days" this week.

The good: Nate couldn't resist a tub full of water with a fun big brother. Jesse wasn't as excited about the company as Nate was, but he warmed up to the idea.



The bad: We woke up Tuesday morning to a living room full of water. We had a plumbing problem. Kind of a pain, if you ask me.

The cleanup team took out our carpet and installed all kinds of fans and dehumidifiers. Our house feels so crazy right now!!

No, Jesse isn't ugly, but this cut on his chin could qualify. He took a little fall and split his chin open. Don't worry. The doctor was able to glue it right back together.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! I'm soooo sorry! What's the current status of your house? I haven't had a voice this week, so I haven't talked with anyone. I'll call this week!

Tricia said...

Oh, my goodness....at least it sounds that JArin was home....in the military stuff like this normally happens when hubby is on the road. I can't imagine....doesn't look like fun at all.

wildthayn said...

Actually, he left the morning of the flood and came home the morning after the chin incident. Its funny though, we've been through worse so we just rolled with the punches. Our neighbors took the girls for me while I took J to the Dr's office. That makes all the difference in the world!