I had hoped by now I would be reporting that Hannah was back to school and we had moved on to all the fun activities that accompany the Christmas season (baking, christmas parties, Christmas concerts, etc. etc.) But, not yet. Hannah is indeed back to school and doing great. But Eleanor, Jesse, and I are all sick now. My voice is totally gone. The doctor doesn't think I have mono. The kids may have mono, but the test frequently has a false negative for young children and they get over it faster, so we didn't even get them tested.
Its not all bad though. We have been so blessed by thoughtful friends from our ward who have been bringing us dinner while Jarin is gone on a trip. Must be nice to be in Jamaica, mon? We've enjoyed a huge plate of holiday cookies (really good ones) from our neighbors as well. Plus, to give us something fun to look forward to, some little pixies have been doing the 12 days of Christmas for us. They are quite clever and our kids LOVE getting something on the front porch every night. They check every few minutes throughout the evening. I must say I'm impressed because we live in a cul de sac with very few hiding spots and we haven't seen them yet.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Not yet...
Posted by wildthayn at 10:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I hope you guys feel batter soon! This is no way to spend the holidays especially when Jarin is in Jamaica!?! This kind of stuff always happens when the husbands are away. We'll keep you in our prayers!
I meant bEtter :)
hee hee Becky! You are funny. I hope you Thayn's feel BETTER soon too! Being sick is no fun. I wish I had some little holiday elves leaving me goodies. What fun.
I'm so sad that you guys are all sick! If I was there... I'd make u tons of lumpia & take u out for a pedi/manicure!!! :) Hmm... maybe just go get those things done & tell Jarrin it was my idea! :)
Sorry to hear that y'all are sick. I really hope everyone is feeling better soon. Glad to hear that you guys have so many nice people taking care of you!
Thanks guys! I'm starting to feel better and the kids are starting to perk up too. It would be nice if we were well for Christmas.
Jarin is home too! Yippee!!
Post a Comment