Monday, August 10, 2009

New Mexico 2009

This is the same trip as the Colorado 2009, I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. We went to New Mexico with Papa and Nana and met up with some family friends. I grew up with their children, but they had their grandchildren and a couple of adorable girls with them and the kids just hit it off famously!

Elle and Leah had such a great time playing. This was after the 4th of July parade in Eagle Nest.

Natha and Hannah became instant friends too (also at the parade)
Speaking of the parade, in Eagle Nest, NM in July, it was chilly (note the bundled up kids.) Some of the parade floats had people spraying water on the bystanders, which is fun in places like Florida or Arizona, but it was cold. So, Jarin kept grabbing water bottles and reaching right up onto the floats (only Jarin can reach) and drenching the sprayers while they were looking elsewhere. It was awesome!! They looked so shocked that someone would get THEM wet. Of course they retaliated and Jarin got even more wet, but he had his warm coat, so it was fine. And funny.

4th of July fireworks. Also a chilly night. Refreshingly chilly. Loved it. Bob bought tons of huge fireworks and my husband instantly turned into a pyromaniac. He totally made our holiday!! Thanks Bob!!



We went horseback riding through the beautiful mountains of Angel Fire, NM. I LOVE seeing my parents on horses. I don't know why, I just do.


They put Jarin on this tiny horse named Spirit. I just giggle every time I see this picture. He could have put his feet down and helped Spirit along, Flinstones style.


We went to a cowboy night at Lake Eagle Nest. Hannah and Natha won the 3 legged race.
Jarin won the hoola hoop neck contest. Ha!!
Elle was being such a sweetie, I just had to take her pic in front of the lake.
Look at all those cute boys on the front of the wagon with Jonathan, the trail guide.
Hannah and Natha spent countless hours outside building forts and playing.

2 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

It looks like such an amazing trip! The perfect outdoors 4th of July.

Kira said...

Wow-- what I would give for a chilly 4th of July! We spent the evening fighting mosquitoes and trying to stay cool.

I LOVE the picture of Jarin and the horse.