Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving was weeks ago!!  I'm sure you all thought I gave up on the blog.  But that is not true.  I still love my blog.  I just had to put it on hold while I caught my breath.  My busy little family keeps me.... well, busy!!  And a girl has to have her priorities!!

Our Thanksgiving was as wonderful as it was delicious!!  We spent it with our neighbors and dear friends, Chris and Pat.   I am kicking myself for not taking pictures of the food.  I love pictures of food!!!!  We had all the delicious favorites at Thanksgiving.  I was so impressed with Pat's turkey though.  It was SO MOIST!!  I made turkey noodle soup with some of the leftovers and it pained me to put such perfect turkey into soup.  But then it made great soup too!!  Anyway, we had a fantastic time.  It was so relaxed and fun!!  Thanks for having us Chris and Pat!!  We love having such fantastic neighbors!

Elle had the turkey leg.  She normally has a chicken drumstick, so why not a turkey one.  She actually did a pretty good job at eating it!


After nearly 10 years of being around planes, the novelty still hasn't worn off.  I love that our kids get to play around in the cockpit of these fancy jets!!  They love it too!!  How many kids get to engage in this kind of monkey business in a multi-million dollar military jet?  This picture was taken at the squadron Thanksgiving meal.  They usually have a plane open so the families can see what its like and show off for parents who may be in town.  The G-5 is an AMAZING plane!

2 comments:

jksfam said...

So, um, what exactly is the paintbrush for?

wildthayn said...

Its for dusting the instruments in the cockpit. (I think)