We had a fun girls day a few weeks ago. We started with a stake primary luau for mothers and daughters. We hula danced, made picture frames, sewed a few stitches in the legacy quilt, ate a yummy lunch and enjoyed our friends and sisters in the gospel. Then we went to the mall with Sarah and Piper and let the girls apply makeup to their hearts' content. They were bright and sparkly and pink. It was adorable and so much fun!!
Hannah started reading the "Captain Underpants" series. She just cracks up while she's reading. Its kind of fun to watch. She just couldn't resist acting out her new favorite "superhero". She'll probably be super-mad when she sees her undees picture on the blog, but I picked the blurriest close-up shot.
Order has been restored to the universe, or at least our mini-Thayn-universe. The carpet is in. The walls are painted. The baseboard has been restored. Our family room now looks 10x better than it did 2 months ago. The painter did a terrible job painting and doing trim work and refused to fix it until I refused to sign the check from the insurance company over to them and called them out on fraudulent charges. When the almighty dollar spoke, they were much more cooperative and our home is now lovelier than ever!!! Yeah!! I'm so happy! Nate LOVES the new carpet and just rolls around in it for no good reason other than to roll around in it. That's reason enough, right?
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
September Recap
Posted by wildthayn at 10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sarah you look so cute in that pic and yes I think Hannah will kill you but hey she will get over it too :) Love the carpet looks so soft. If I was there I would roll all over the room ha ha glad to see you returned to the blog world!!!
fun update! i will second the above comment and say you look great in that picture. i am trying not to covet your new carpet. someday...
I love Hannah's pic. I probably wouldn't have noticed the underware thing if you didn't mention it...so not too embarassing.
Looks like a great girls day. Bekah would be in heaven if I took her to the mall and let her apply make up. What a good idea.
Your carpet looks so comfy. I want some comfy carpet....I will have to work on that...maybe downstairs when my semi dream of a toy room/storage room finally works out.
Glad to hear your house is back in one piece! What cute girls!
Post a Comment