You cannot know our family and not know what a "character" Elle is. So, yesterday I took the kids to the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa. They have a kids section where the kids can play all kinds of things. We spent about 3 hours there and the kids had a blast. With all 4 kids and only one adult, I couldn't immediately supervise every activity. I could see all the kids, but was apparently unaware of exactly what they were doing. As we were leaving, a little girl came to me and said:
"Excuse me, is your daughter the president of the United States?"
Amused, but not surprised I replied "No, she isn't."
Then the little girl said. "Oh. She said she was."
I looked at Elle. She smiled and said it was just pretend. The funny thing is that little girl was completely serious and I'm thinking that she'd been taking orders from "the Chief" for the better part of the afternoon. Maybe my answer should have been "not yet."
Oh ya, Jarin and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary. I'll post something more about that later. But, something must have happened at that 10 year mark because all of a sudden, our kids are grossed out when we kiss. The kids squeal and complain when we pucker up.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Hail to the Chief!
Posted by wildthayn at 2:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love the Elle story! It is great!
Congrats on 10 years! That is a great milestone. I can't wait to hear how you celebrated.
Kiss away! It was our 11th on Saturday. Yeah for days after graduation weddings!
Sarah...that is funny about kissing....maybe it's a phase for them :)
Elle is hilarious, and she probably was ordering her new friend around! The things they say!
This morning we took the kids out for breakfast to celebrate the last day of school...at drop off I said hurry and kiss me before anybody at school sees you...Kaitlyn told me she'd kiss me in front of her class and Robby didn't say anything...common knowledge he's getting TOO OLD for goodbye kisses from his mama!
As the above poster commented...didn't think about it....but I guess there are many June weddings! We're celbrating 13 yrs in 2 weeks- YIKES-O!
Leave it to Elle, I love a girl whose not afraid to be in charge.
congrats on 10 years!! We halliez wish you many more, equally as fantastic ones! :D
--btw, we recently had to set our blog to private. We had a REALLy nasty comment posted on there. I do not have your e-mail address. here is mine, send me your's and I'll add u to my private list. hall_becky@hotmail.com
Post a Comment