I know what you're thinking "Pinewood Derby? They don't have any kids in scouts!" Or not. Our ward does a family pinewood derby every year. I have to say it was so fun. We invited our neighbors Chris and Pat to join us and they made a really cool snickers car. Our car was sparkly blue, with silver and gold details. Jarin cut out the wood and left the rest to us. He was VERY PLEASED when I told him we didn't decide to paint it all "sugar and spice." Since we're new to the pinewood Derby world, our car didn't weigh nearly enough. So when we arrived at the church, we were hastily drilling holes in it so we could add weights. With help, we got it from 2.9 oz to 5.0. Hooray!! But it looked a little clunky with fishing weights all over it. Next year, we won't make the same mistake.
Hannah was in charge of the paint job. She was pretty excited about how it turned out.
Chris and Pat let Jesse keep the snickers car. He was so excited. (If you want to see it closer up, just click on the picture.)
Here are our cars facing off against each other. We had so much fun. The only thing missing was Dad.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Pinewood Derby
Posted by wildthayn at 11:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Way fun Sarah! We just had our first Pinewood Derby experience in January. It is a crazy thing!
Ooooh! I love the snickers car. What a fun idea. Your car turned out cool too. You can really see the sparkle. Tell Hannah good job.
Will you send me an e-mail telling me what part of FL you are in? Maybe we could meet up sometime!
What a fun activity. We need to get that going in our ward. You did a great job on the cars.
It was so fun to catch up with the Thayns! It seems like it's been forever since I saw you in the Springs! You're all so cute and happy! Sounds like life is treating you well.
Wendy Tripple :}
HEY! WE just did our pinewood derby too, but I had to wear a uniform! :( h ahaha.. Trey's car was a skateboard car. Not nearly as cool as a snickers car, or as sparkley as yours though.. Fun stuff! I should post pictures! :D
Post a Comment