Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving




We had a quiet Thanksgiving here at home. We brined a small turkey, then Jarin cooked it on the rotisserie. Yummy!! Yummy!! It was so moist and full of flavor!! We also made sweet potato oranges, which we truly enjoyed. Here is the link for the recipe. Of course, I cut back the fat and made the serving sizes smaller by using clementines. I also omitted the nuts (yuck) and put marshmallows on top.

OK, so the link didn't work, but here is the address so you can copy and paste. I'm sure you're all dying to see it.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-Potato-Oranges/Detail.aspx


As usual, we went around the table and shared what we are thankful for. Here are the things we are most thankful for:

Jarin: Family, job, house, health
Sarah: Having our family together and I'm thankful I don't have to cook a 7 course meal every day!
Hannah: The Book of Mormon
Eleanor: Yankee (oh, how we miss Yankee!)
Jesse: Mommy. Oh, and Daddy too.
Nate: Rice cereal. He enjoyed his first serving of delicious rice cereal at the Thanksgiving table. We weren't planning on doing it then, but he seemed so interested in our food and he IS 6 months now, so we got it out and he loved it!

4 comments:

williams family said...

I love nayes face in this picture he looks like such a fun boy :)

williams family said...

sorry sarah didnt proof read just hit the publish your comment i really did mean nate

Elizabeth said...

I love seeing pictures of your family all together at Thanksgiving! Sounds like a good holiday for you guys.

Heidi Lyn said...

sweet potato oranges? sounds deliciously funky! I'll have to try it.