Yesterday, we attended the air show at MacDill AFB. My experiences with past airshows include massive crowds, hot sun, head injuries, and long walks to and from parking. This airshow was very different. It was for military only, (so they could practice for the real airshow) there were no crowds, and we used the DV tent which made it so much easier. Plus, we parked right at the squadron and walked 200 yards to where all the action was. I loved it and the kids loved it too.
The Canadian Snowbirds were there. Here are a few shots from their show:

Elle found her own snowbirds to hang with. Yes, these are complete strangers who were sitting by us. She struck up a conversation and made instant friends with this woman whose husband served in the Canadian Air Force for 26 years.
Jarin sang the national anthem while the parachute team did their landing. He did such an awesome job!!! If you've ever heard him sing, I'm sure you can imagine what a treat it was for everyone. Yes, I know I'm a dummy for not having a picture of the handsome Major Thayn singing. I tried to video it, but there was an "operator error" with my camcorder. Oops. Here's the next best thing.
The Geico gecko was there and the kids got to hang with him for a while.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Airfest 2008
Posted by wildthayn at 11:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like a really fun air show. I think that the only thing I ever remember from a air show is the heat....but it sound like it was fun!!!
Looks like a fun event!
Head injuries??? I feel the same way about air shows. Glad you got to enjoy this one! Way to go Jarin. I remember him singing The Brady Bunch theme song at his drop in pilot training. I don't know why I remember that, but I do remember that he has an awesome voice!
Sounds like a fun time. I am sure that Jarin did a wonderful job. Leave it to Ellie to spark a friendship with those lovely ladies.
Post a Comment