Friday, January 18, 2008

A couple of things...

Hannah has become quite the bookworm. She comes home from school and immediately hits the books. Sometimes, she even starts reading in the car if its a book she just can't put down. This is a typical after-school activity for Hannah. I should add that her physical activity has to be limited because of the mono, but she's almost at the point where she can start riding her scooter and jumping on the trampoline again.

I have always regretted not bringing home a piece of art from our trip to Hawaii. We took a hop over there when we lived in California and had such a great time when our family really needed a little R&R. I found a company that makes canvas prints using your own photographs -CHEAP!! Jarin and I found some of our favorite pictures of the beach where we stayed and had these canvases made up. They turned out great and its nice to have such a fun reminder of a great trip!!
I

11 comments:

williams family said...

wow sarah they really do look great. I t makes me want to go there!!

Tricia said...

Is Hannah wearing a bracelet Kaitlyn made her??

I miss you. (from Kaitlyn)

Tricia said...

that canvas turned out neat....where did you get it done, locally??? Great idea...especially for a FLA bathroom :)

Hunter Family said...

What a neat idea! They look really nice in your bathroom. Do the Drs say Hannah will recover soon or is mono a virus that stays in your system? I hope she gets better soon. Poor little thing!

Elizabeth said...

Sarah, that is so cool! I'd love the information for that company. You could do some really cool stuff!

I think it's so cute that Hannah is such a book worm!

By the way, Mike says to be sure to vote in the presidential primary. Floriday needs your vote!

rachel said...

love how the pictures turned out! what a great way to decorate.

wildthayn said...

Tricia -yes, Hannah is wearing the bracelet Kaitlyn made her. (I had to ask to confirm) She TREASURES things like that.

Libby -She feels great, but there can be some swelling of the liver and spleen for up to 6 weeks after having mono, which would cause a problem if she were to get hit in one of those spots.

The company I used for the canvases is called updone.com. Their prices are GREAT!!! I also ordered a family pic (16x20) which did not turn out as well. Its really dark and looks like the pic was taken at night. I guess I'm about to find out about their customer service as it really needs to either be replaced or refunded.

And Liz, tell Mike he has nothing to worry about. We will DEFINITELY vote in the primary. But what if my ballot is crooked and I don't know which hole to punch. What to do... what to do....

April said...

Sarah,
You are funny. I do love how the picture turned out. I will have to check out the website. I am so glad you posted it, because after talking to you about it I was so curious.
Glad to hear hannah is doing better. It is good that she reads. I wish I read more.

Anonymous said...

Great pics.....I know a good place that does those too, but you can have anything done even copy righted things, they don't care! Also there is a free hotel to stay in when you come to pick them up! Let me know if you are interested! ;)

Hannah looks so grown up reading like that!

Sarah said...

Sounds great!!! I'll start looking for plane tickets to China! I would SOOOO love to come visit.

Hall Family said...

Hannah,

Bookworms are cool! I'm one too & I make REALLY good grades! Go you!! :) P.S. Do you have any good books to recommend?