I truly believe in living life to the fullest, so when my good friend suggested we team up and do a triathlon, it didn't take much convincing. We were sponsored by Tri Veda. We trained for about 3 months, then got up well before dawn and made our way to Ft. Desoto with families in tow.
I swam, Cecilia biked, and Lorena ran.
It was awesome to have our friends and family cheering us on. I kept hearing Jarin's famous whistle while I was swimming and I knew he was cheering for me.:)
Sadly, my family lost me in the crowd and thought I was the very last swimmer, so they were surprised when I emerged from the water well before that poor last lady. (We all look the same at a distance in the water) Jesse was watching and wanted to accompany me to the transition area until he realized I had to run through the murky water to get there. All in all, it was such a great experience. The swim was super cold and way too salty, but I loved the fun atmosphere and all the happy triathletes. They made it so awesome!! Thanks Ceci and Lorena!! And Thanks Tri Veda!!
(by the way, most of these pictures were taken by Tina at Tri Veda)
Friday, April 30, 2010
I tried a Tri
Posted by wildthayn at 10:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment