Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hannah's tonsilectomy

Poor Hannah. She had her tonsils out in October. Almost 2 weeks later, just as I was about to send her back to school, she started bleeding. Really bleeding. At the site of one of her tonsils. Jarin rushed her to the ER, where they called it an "arterial bleed" and sent her straight to surgery. It was a long night for all of us, as Jarin and I waited in the OR waiting room while the doctors worked diligently. She missed a month of school and lost 8 lbs from her tiny body. I made a lot of shakes for her. We called them "calorie bombs" and filled them with as many high calorie foods as a blender would take. She is well now. She has gained back her weight (finally) and is healthy and strong again.

In hindsight, we were so very blessed. We have a great hospital here with amazing doctors. Two pediatric ENT's who were in the hospital at midnight. A friend who rushed over and took over all "mom" duties in an instant. A healthy vibrant girl. (This picture was taken just a day or two after her second surgery.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah knocks my socks off in this picture. She is absolutely gorgeous! https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HuaDK275-8o/S5ci5eW2g-I/AAAAAAAABLg/SZPmDO3MAfU/s1600/Hannah+sick.JPG I put her on display life size in my bedroom in one of my large digital picture displays and I absolutely adore the picture. It is so clear and sharp she appears to be directly in front of me when I walk up to admire her. The display is warm and silky smooth so when I walk up to admire her I like to lean close and caress her lips with my tongue and kiss her on the mouth! She really comes to life because it seems like I am really kissing her, and that is so much frickin fun! I also like to lay the digital picture display at the head of my bed and lay there admiring her and kissing her to my hearts content as I drift off to sleep!